That’s right, bring on the new year. I have just about had it with the last one. In fact, if this one isn’t better, I am quitting years.
The problem with last year is tenfold…didn’t go outdoors enough, didn’t camp enough, didn’t surf enough, didn’t tromp enough, didn’t climb enough trees, didn’t fish enough…..so….plan is to change that.
“But Jacque, last year wasn’t all bad!” Duh…of course it wasn’t. I have an amazing family, great kids, a job I love, and the world is my oyster. Problem was that I forgot that the world was my oyster…and let it be my crab trap.
So, if, like me, you let 2015 make you it’s bitch, here’s some ideas for how we are gonna show 2016 who wears the pants in this year…
- Write a bunch of adventures on paper, fold and put in jar, take turns picking one out – and YOU HAVE TO DO IT
- Pick up a copy of One Tank Trips
- Get a map of your area that includes parks and such – make it a challenge to cross them all off with a visit
- Let the family vote on a new activity to learn together
- Call me to book a fun Guided Tromp in the woods or kayak trip
- Go camping – or glamping if you don’t like tents
- Try to go to different beaches or forests or both and collect a souvenir from each spot and make a brag shelf
Whatever you do – DO IT! And…
DO IT OUTSIDE! And…DO IT NOW! And…DO IT TOGETHER.
There’s no time like the present…and no excuses!
Kick 2016’s ass!